Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snapshots of Service Project

My super cool friend Kim that I met on the blogosphere (and has willingly listened to all my woes via Skype) has started a super awesome project that I am lucky to be apart of! It's called "Snapshots of Service" and it is following 50 volunteers in 50 different cultures departing for their Peace Corps experience in 2011 (the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, are you getting the pattern yet?).

We will be sending two journals across the world from volunteer to volunteer, and twice during our service we will be filling out two pages of the journals with... whatever we want really! A reflection of our service, however we choose to translate it to paper. I am the Malawi representative :) It will be exciting to get the journal when it comes to me, to write in it and see what else is in there! The journal officially departs on its journey at the end of this month, with a PCT named Jessica who is going to Zambia! (which is right next to Malawi by the way) The journey is about to begin!

You can follow even more information about this amazing project at its very own blog, Snapshots of Service. I am so stoked to be apart of it!

(if you are a 2011 invitee out there, contact Kim on the blog if you want to join the project!)

1 comment:

  1. You're right! I am super cool :) But so are you! Thanks for plugging our project as we still have about 29 more people to find!

    ReplyDelete