Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Well... tiwonana.

I barely slept- not bad sleep (I got terrible sleep though the night before last) just went to bed late and I've been up since 5:45am. Too late now to worry about that business. Got my crying out a few times yesterday, I guess it had to be done.

Saying goodbye sucks. It really sucks. I didn't think I would be as emotional as I have been. Oh well. I guess I'm worried about being out of touch... which I will be of course. and I'll deal with it. I am really looking forward to writing letters and hearing from everyone.I hope that keeping in touch will be a positive experience, rather than making me sad and miss home.

Today, I head to Philadelphia with my family before I have to register at staging at 6pm. I'm really happy I can drive up to staging with them- instead of have to fly in (like most of my fellow constituents) alone. Although I'm guessing it will be a little harder for me since I'll be seeing my loved ones right up until the last moment.

I don't know what else to say, its kind of like the "it's all over". The wait is over. I get to meet my new PC Malawi friends tonight, and we fly out Saturday morning. It's time, ready or not!

I'll have my cell on til at least Friday night I hope- get your contact info to me thru that by then if you want to keep in touch!! Otherwise shoot me and email and I'll read it in a few months. Ha. But seriously. Otherwise, you know where my info is, drop me a line and I'll send you one back :)

"Tiwonana" means see you later in Chichewa (dag, I should have practiced my Chichewa more, oh well). So, see you. I'll be back. I love you all. My family and my friendships mean so so much to me. You are all so special and hold an important place in my heart. Thank you for supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment