Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today is World AIDS Day

Well it is literally raining on my parade- there is a severe thunderstorm warning, a coastal flood warning, tornado watch, flash flood watch and wind advisory near me, so getting into DC for the conference is not going to happen. Boo. This does not make me happy. I guess I will live my World AIDS Day experience by reading articles about World AIDS Day all day. And to top it all off, my dog just threw up on the carpet, and is now in my lap whimpering as I type this. So now I'll keep an eye on him all day. What a change of plans.

Hopefully on World AIDS Day next year, I will be at my Peace Corps site, doing an event for it with the kids in my community. What an exciting thought!

Here is a link to the conference I was going to attend today, that is still happening in DC if you happen to be in the area, it is free and open to the public: Howard University Hosts International Conference on HIV Stigma

No comments:

Post a Comment