Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WHY DOES ANYBODY LIKE THE DENTIST pt.2

Ugh. As I previously mentioned, I had 3 cavities that should have been filled last Friday. But when I got to my appointment Friday, I discovered that they would be spread out over two appointments- Friday and this past Monday.

Alright alright, not so bad... except Monday, I discovered that one of my cavities is too deep in the tooth so they are going to pull it. It is in a wisdom tooth so the tooth has no purpose anyway. I won't go into detail about why I have exposed wisdom teeth and why I don't need to get the rest pulled- it is all a part of my very complicated dental history.

ANYWAY... so I have been referred to an oral surgeon. I just called and I can't get my tooth pulled until December 7th! BLAH. But I made the appointment. I am hoping it won't be a problem. December 7th is still 2 months before my earliest possible departure date, so it doesn't SEEM like it would be a problem... and that's what I'm hoping. But I emailed Peace Corps anyway to double check. And I want to make sure that the paperwork is totally valid (since my original exam was now almost 2 months ago) and blah. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I usually hear back via email pretty quickly, but if I don't hear by the end of the week I will probably call on the phone next week so someone can make sense of my whole dental journey. I just don't want anymore hiccups since I am hoping to hear from my Placement Officer this month! I really wanna stay on track!

In more fun, unrelated Peace Corps news, I got a part time job! I am working in the childcare area of a gym I used to work at a few summers ago. I have orientation tomorrow. And I started piano lessons again! I really like my teacher. And I joined a group fitness studio and have been getting my fitness on at least 3 times a week. So it's not all crying over dental paperwork over here.

Hope all my fellow applicants are feeling better about their application!! :-)

EDIT: Got word from the lovely dental people at Peace Corps- here is the word:
"No, you are fine. I encourage all of my applicants to get the dental portion in at least 30 days before the staging date. The medical and the dental are looked at on a separate basis, the process will still be in motion."
Yeay. Reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment