Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

World AIDS Conference

I just heard from my volunteering coordinator, and found out that my organization is co-hosting the World AIDS Conference on Stigma on December 1st (World AIDS Day) in DC and that I get to help out!! I am going to be volunteering for more than half the day (going to try to get there as early as possible while also avoiding rush hour traffic) and really can't wait!

I am so excited about this opportunity. Just to be there will be a huge learning experience! Any perspective I can get on HIV/AIDS will help my Peace Corps experience, I know it! It is exciting to be apart of this new world and will only take my youth development skills to another level. Maybe this where I'm supposed to help in the world!

I am so thankful to be helping out with the organization I volunteer for and the conference on World AIDS Day. This kind of stuff is keeping me excited about my Peace Corps experience and PATIENT while I wait to hear from Placement. YEAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment